KHSU has a new online community calendar and event submission form. It offers non-profits, event promoters, artists and musicians more tools to promote their events and reach KHSU listeners and online visitors.
Please keep these tips in mind when posting your event:
Whenever possible, use the “Venue” information that auto-populates when you type in the name of the venue. Please only create a new event venue if nothing pops up when you type in the place your event is happening. DO NOT make a new venue with your personal contact info unless you manage the venue.
Why? Every time a venue is created with different info, it creates a duplicate.
Similarly, use the “Presenting Organization” information that appears when you type in the organization’s name. If no organization is already in the system, use the main phone email, and website for the organization, not for that specific event.
Please put contact information specific to the event in the “Event Description.” This information is used to write the on-air calendar script.
To make it easier to use your listing in the on-air community calendar, use a basic event description. (examples below) If you want to add more detail, include it after the basic information in the first paragraph.
Add an image, the event poster etc. to your event
If you don’t see a category that fits your event, use “Other event” to post your listing and then email a suggested event category to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calendar Description Examples: Use these examples to write the event description of your KHSU Calendar event.
- The Multi-Generational Center is offering Youth Art for ages 4 to 12 tomorrow afternoon from 3 to 4. RSVP at EDowney@ERVMGC.com.
- North Coast Child Support and Envision Prosperity are holding a “Dreams Come True Financial Freedom Workshop” tomorrow. See Facebook for details.
- The October Racial Equity Roundtable welcomes you to a discussion on intersectionality and privilege Thursday. Childcare provided. Register at bitly.com/octeart.
- The College of the Redwoods presents “Urban Garden” an exhibition of ceramic sculptures and mixed media quilts by Lisa Marie Barber Thursday through October 25th with an artist’s opening reception Thursday afternoon from 4 to 6 at CR’s Creative Arts Gallery on the Eureka main campus. 476-4559. Redwoods.edu/ArtGallery.
- Hospice of Humboldt is offering a training to become a Patient Care, Grief Support, or Ida Emmerson Hospice Home Volunteer Saturday and Sunday mornings from 11 to 3 at 3327 Timber Fall Court in Eureka. 445-8443. HospiceOfHumboldt.org.